Hall Capital Partners is an independent, privately owned SEC-registered investment advisor that builds and manages multi-asset class global investment portfolios for families, endowments, and foundations. As of March 31, 2017 we direct more than $30.2 billion of investment assets for our clients and a platform of pooled vehicle investors. Founded in 1994, our firm has approximately 150 employees that operate from offices in San Francisco and New York. We are typically responsible for investment strategy, asset allocation, and portfolio construction for globally diversified investment portfolios. The firm has a 20-year record of building and managing global investment portfolios and has established a strong reputation as a successful investor and partner. For many clients, we contribute significantly to other aspects of financial strategy, such as managing and diversifying concentrated public stock positions or advising on and facilitating wealth transfer and philanthropic strategies. We also manage private pooled vehicles. Our culture is centered on integrity, intellectual rigor, curiosity, client focus, performance, and fulfillment of our fiduciary responsibilities.
Hall Capital Partners is committed to attracting, retaining, engaging, and developing a pool of talent that is diverse along many dimensions. We seek to leverage these diverse experiences, backgrounds and viewpoints to best serve the needs of our clients.
Analyst, Portfolio Management Group
The Portfolio Management Group (PMG) is seeking bright, thoughtful and motivated professionals from all majors, experiences and backgrounds to join their team.
We are accepting applications for San Francisco-based roles with a start date of early January 2018. We are also accepting applications for roles starting in early July 2018 for both our San Francisco and New York offices.
This is a 2-year entry level analyst position with the potential for top performing analysts to expand and extend their engagement for an additional 3-years in the associate position.
The analyst position offers an opportunity to develop experience in portfolio reporting, portfolio management, and client services while also gaining exposure to a wide range of asset classes in an intellectual, collegial environment. The individual will work as an integral member of various client relationships ranging from high net worth families to foundations and endowments. Analysts will be deeply involved in the execution and integration of portfolio management decisions in support of the Portfolio Manager and team.
This is an excellent opportunity to launch a career as part of a world class organization whose values of RESULTS, INTENSITY, TRANSPARENCY AND CREATIVITY speak to the culture of our diverse organization.
· Aggregate and track capital account balances and transactions across a wide range of asset classes (e.g.
cash, fixed income, equities, hedge funds, private equity, and real assets) for multiple client portfolios
· Deliver high quality quarterly client reports and presentations in Excel and PowerPoint that incorporate fund
and portfolio performance, asset reconciliations, and pro forma balance sheets
· Actively participate in day-to-day portfolio administration and time-sensitive investment coordination that
can include, but is not limited to wire transfer requests, stock sales, investment funding and redemptions
· Actively participate in and coordinate sensitive and complex estate planning transactions such as transfers
of interest, partnership distributions, and charitable gifting
· Review and prepare with extreme accuracy account opening paperwork, subscription documentation,
compliance reporting questionnaires, and annual/quarterly certifications
· Liaise with clients, family office staff, tax advisors and investment managers, providing exceptional client
service and escalating issues as appropriate
· Manage risk across client relationships by closely adhering to firm and regulatory policy, procedures, and
· Participate in special projects, as needed, which can include recruiting, research liaison, systems processes
· A keen interest and curiosity in developing a working knowledge of financial markets, portfolio
management, investments, and client services
· A Bachelor’s degree with a GPA greater than 3.0
· 0-2 years of work experience
· Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong service orientation
· Active interest in internal and external relationship management
· Highly responsive to internal and external requests
· Strong ability to multi-task and balance time-sensitive priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to
detail and accuracy
· Excellent organization skills, demonstrating the ability to handle pressure and work in a fast-paced,
deadline driven environment with multiple supervisors
· The ability to work effectively in a diverse, collaborative and collegial team environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is required; working knowledge of PowerPoint is helpful but not
· Ability to quickly adopt new technology platforms; knowledge of Advent/APX is helpful, but not required
· Consummate professional
· Intellectually curious and not afraid to ask questions
· Problem solver and analytical thinker
· Enjoys working in a team environment where accountability, collaboration, and flexibility is highly valued
· Self-motivated, highly organized and proactive in approaching work responsibilities
· Results driven with a particular focus on efficiency and crisp execution
· Ability to balance strong detail orientation while maintaining a “big picture” perspective
· Highly ethical and discreet; acts with integrity, respect, and consistently exercises good judgment
· Receptive to and quick to act on constructive feedback
· Energetic, creative, and positive
· This job requires employee to sit for approximately 6-7 hours a day and use a keyboard and mouse for
repetitive motion. There will be a minimum of 15 lbs. to lift, push, or pull in this job.
APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW DETAILS:
The first application review will occur on September 7, 2017. The final deadline to apply is scheduled for October 20, 2017, however candidates are encouraged to submit their full application materials (resume, cover letter, and transcript) as early as possible for immediate consideration. Applicants for the July 2018 role might not be contacted for interview until late September.
Selected applicants should expect two phone interviews. First rounds will commence as early as September 11, 2017. Finalists will be invited to interview in person in either the San Francisco or New York office and will have the opportunity to meet several people within the PMG team.
For more information, including application instructions, please visit Careers At Hall Capital Partners.
Hall Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff and will consider all qualified applicants with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance of San Francisco.