Hall Capital Partners is an independent, privately owned SEC-registered investment advisor that builds and manages multi-asset class global investment portfolios for families, endowments, and foundations. As of March 31, 2017 we direct more than $30.2 billion of investment assets for our clients and a platform of pooled vehicle investors. Founded in 1994, our firm has approximately 150 employees that operate from offices in San Francisco and New York. We are typically responsible for investment strategy, asset allocation, and portfolio construction for globally diversified investment portfolios. The firm has a 20-year record of building and managing global investment portfolios and has established a strong reputation as a successful investor and partner. For many clients, we contribute significantly to other aspects of financial strategy, such as managing and diversifying concentrated public stock positions or advising on and facilitating wealth transfer and philanthropic strategies. We also manage private pooled vehicles. Our culture is centered on integrity, intellectual rigor, curiosity, client focus, performance, and fulfillment of our fiduciary responsibilities.
Hall Capital Partners is committed to attracting, retaining, engaging, and developing a pool of talent that is diverse along many dimensions. We seek to leverage these diverse experiences, backgrounds and viewpoints to best serve the needs of our clients
Senior Associate, Portfolio Management Group
The Portfolio Management Group is seeking bright, thoughtful investment professionals to join its team in the Senior Associate role. The Senior Associate position is available in both our San Francisco and New York offices. The Senior Associate is an integral part of the portfolio management team led by a Managing Director to work closely with clients to develop and implement their customized investment approach. This position offers an opportunity to develop investment expertise, interact with clients and apply best investment practices in an intellectual, collegial environment. The expectation is that those who excel in this role may have the opportunity to continue to take on greater responsibilities and over time will assume lead portfolio management responsibilities with clients.
This is an excellent opportunity to advance a career in portfolio management as part of a world class organization whose values of RESULTS, INTENSITY, TRANSPARENCY AND CREATIVITY speak to the culture of our organization.
• Serve as integral member of the portfolio management team responsible for all aspects of client relationship management and investment advisement.
• Develop a clear understanding of client’s existing assets, liabilities, planning structures, and cash flow requirements.
• In conjunction with the senior portfolio manager, develop ongoing investment strategy including objectives and guidelines, and asset allocation for each client entity.
• Manage people, processes, and projects in conjunction with other members of the portfolio management team.
• Continuously evaluate managers and investments for appropriate inclusion in a portfolio; recommend additions or changes when appropriate.
• Evaluate and provide recommendations regarding potential investments identified by Hall Capital Partner’s Research Group and occasionally sources other than Hall Capital Partners including client-directed opportunities.
• Monitor asset allocation with appropriate asset class and manager rebalancing recommendations, while addressing tactical investment opportunities.
• Review and ensure accuracy and completeness of all client reporting material with formal reports delivered on a quarterly basis.
• Respond to a wide variety of client requests encompassing investment-related issues, wealth transfer planning, tax, estate and legal structural issues, and philanthropic planning.
• Develop presentations to facilitate investment dialogue with clients.
• Serve as a client advocate and key point of client contact, proactively developing solutions to an evolving set of needs.
• Serve as a resource for senior members of portfolio management team for ad-hoc projects.
• An MBA, CFA or equivalent background
• 3-5 years’ experience in finance (i.e. investment management, investment banking, capital markets), and/or relevant operating or legal experience
• 2-3 years of experience managing people, processes, and projects
• Strong degree of familiarity with capital markets, investing and/or asset allocation principles
• Strong analytical, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to think critically and communicate in a concise, organized manner
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with varied audiences
• High degree of comfort working in a flexible, entrepreneurial environment
• Intellectually curious
• Independent and team oriented
• Solutions oriented
• Results Driven
• Detail oriented
• Able to problem solve
• Energetic, creative, and positive
• Collaborative and flexible