Hall Capital Partners is an independent, privately owned SEC-registered investment advisor that builds and manages multi-asset class global investment portfolios for families, endowments, and foundations. As of June 30, 2017, we direct more than $31.0 billion of investment assets for our clients and a platform of pooled vehicle investors. Founded in 1994, our approximately 150 employees operate from offices in San Francisco and New York. We are typically responsible for investment strategy, asset allocation, and portfolio construction for a globally diversified investment portfolio. The firm has a 20-year record of building and managing global investment portfolios and has established a strong reputation as a successful investor and partner. For many clients, we also contribute significantly to other aspects of financial strategy, such as managing and diversifying concentrated public stock positions, wealth transfer and philanthropic strategies, and similar matters. We also manage private pooled vehicles. Our culture is centered on integrity, client focus, performance, and understanding our fiduciary responsibilities.
Hall Capital Partners is committed to attracting, retaining, engaging, and developing a pool of talent that is diverse along many dimensions. We seek to leverage these diverse experiences, backgrounds and viewpoints to best serve the needs of our clients.
Analyst Intern, Portfolio Management Group
The Portfolio Management Group (PMG) is seeking bright, thoughtful rising college seniors from all majors, experiences and backgrounds to join our team for the summer of 2018. The internship will begin in early June and run for 8 weeks. This opportunity is available in both our San Francisco and New York offices.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world-class organization whose values of RESULTS, INTENSITY, TRANSPARENCY AND CREATIVITY speak to the culture of our organization.
The position offers an opportunity to develop experience working with investments, gain an understanding of a wide range of investment performance reports, and to work with Analysts/Associates to apply best team practices in an intellectual, collegial environment. You will work across the Portfolio Management Group and gain experience in the following areas:
1. General knowledge of investment portfolios and wealth management
2. Exposure to client portfolios composed of a variety of asset classes including cash, fixed income, equities, alternative assets, private investments, etc.
3. Assisting the Portfolio Management Group in a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, filing, organizing, data entry, report production
4. Possible opportunity to attend investment strategy, research, and other meetings
5. Complete group and individual case studies
Hall Capital Partners is looking for rising college seniors (students who will be between their junior and senior year of college in the summer of 2018). We are looking for someone with:
• A keen interest and curiosity in developing a working knowledge of financial markets, portfolio management, investments, and client services
• A desire to learn about various asset classes and markets
• Strong analytical, writing and graphic presentation skills
• An ability to multi-task and collaborate in a team environment
• Intellectually curious
• Independent and team oriented
• Solutions oriented
• Results Driven
• Detail oriented
• Able to problem solve
• Energetic, creative, and positive
• Collaborative and flexible
• This job requires employee to sit for approximately 6-7 hours a day and use a keyboard and mouse for repetitive motion. There will be up to 15 lbs. to lift, push, or pull in this job.
Application deadline: October 23, 2017 is the application deadline and first application review date, however candidates are encouraged to submit their full application materials (i.e., resume, cover letter, and most recent transcript) as soon as possible.
Interview process: Selected applicants should expect two rounds of interview, one by phone and the other/final through video conference.
Hall Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff and will consider all qualified applicants with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance of San Francisco.