Hall Capital Partners is an independent, privately owned, SEC-registered investment advisor that builds and manages multi-asset class global investment portfolios for families, endowments, and foundations. As of March 31, 2018 we direct more than $33 billion of investment assets for our clients and a platform of pooled vehicles. Founded in 1994, our firm has approximately 160 employees that operate from offices in San Francisco and New York. We are typically responsible for investment strategy, asset allocation, and portfolio construction for globally diversified investment portfolios. The firm has a 24-year record of building and managing global investment portfolios and has established a strong reputation as a successful investor and partner. For many clients, we contribute significantly to other aspects of financial strategy, such as managing and diversifying concentrated public stock positions or advising on and facilitating wealth transfer and philanthropic strategies. We also manage private pooled vehicles. Our culture is centered on integrity, intellectual rigor, curiosity, client focus, performance, and fulfillment of our fiduciary responsibilities.
HALL CAPITAL PARTNERS IS COMMITTED TO ATTRACTING, RETAINING, ENGAGING, AND DEVELOPING A POOL OF TALENT THAT IS DIVERSE ALONG MANY DIMENSIONS. WE SEEK TO LEVERAGE THESE DIVERSE EXPERIENCES, BACKGROUNDS AND VIEWPOINTS TO BEST SERVE THE NEEDS OF OUR CLIENTS
The Operations Analyst will report to the Manager of Operations Due Diligence. The candidate must have experience in the alternative investment management, prime brokerage or administration space with some experience in Anti Money Laundering/Know Your Customer (AML/KYC) requirements, client onboarding, subscription documents and/or account opening.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a firm whose values of results, transparency, and creativity intensity speak to the culture of our organization.
- Primary responsibility is to work with Manager of Operations Due Diligence, Deputy General Counsel and Research department to make the subscription (with a strong focus on AML/KYC requirements), redemption, and investor documentation process more efficient.
- Organize documentation requirements and subscriptions/redemptions process for all external investment managers.
- Work with investor relations teams of external investment managers to understand requirements and process.
- Communicate requirements with client facing portfolio management teams and work with them to gather required documentation.
- Work with Systems Team to implement a solution for automating, updating and tracking all required documentation.
- Assist Operations Due Diligence Manager in reviewing manager due diligence materials, and preparing for and attending manager operational due diligence meetings.
- At least two years’ experience working in the alternative investment management, prime brokerage or fund administration space with some experience in client onboarding, subscription documents and/or account opening.
- Understanding of AML / KYC requirements.
- Knowledgeable about regulatory, legal, and risk-management functions within the financial services industry.
- Experience with private funds, including private placement investor subscription process, a plus.
- Strong reasoning ability (i.e., capacity to understand inner workings of different departments across the firm and how to interact with each).
- Exceptional organizational skills; strong attention to detail while also working efficiently; consistent, prompt follow through and meets deadlines; ability to balance long-term projects against daily tasks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain sound judgment and professionalism under pressure.
- Must work independently and take initiative, as well as be willing and able to follow directions.
- Must have a positive attitude, be flexible, and work well with people. Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and do what is required to get the job done—“no job is too big or too small.”
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, required. Other automation-related familiarity desirable.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree required.
- Intellectually curious
- Independent and team oriented
- Solutions oriented
- Results Driven
- Detail oriented
- Able to problem solve
- Energetic, creative, and positive
- Collaborative and flexible
- This job requires employee to sit for approximately 6-7 hours a day and use a keyboard and mouse for repetitive motion. There will be up to 15 lbs. to lift, push, or pull in this job.
Hall Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff and will consider all qualified applicants with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance of San Francisco.