Hall Capital Partners is an independent, privately owned, SEC-registered investment advisor that builds and manages multi-asset class global investment portfolios for families, endowments, and foundations. As of December 31, 2017 we direct more than $32 billion of investment assets for our clients and a platform of pooled vehicles. Founded in 1994, our firm has approximately 160 employees that operate from offices in San Francisco and New York. We are typically responsible for investment strategy, asset allocation, and portfolio construction for globally diversified investment portfolios. The firm has a 23-year record of building and managing global investment portfolios and has established a strong reputation as a successful investor and partner. For many clients, we contribute significantly to other aspects of financial strategy, such as managing and diversifying concentrated public stock positions or advising on and facilitating wealth transfer and philanthropic strategies. We also manage private pooled vehicles. Our culture is centered on integrity, intellectual rigor, curiosity, client focus, performance, and fulfillment of our fiduciary responsibilities.
Hall Capital Partners is committed to attracting, retaining, engaging, and developing a pool of talent that is diverse along many dimensions. We seek to leverage these diverse experiences, backgrounds and viewpoints to best serve the needs of our clients.
Analyst, Investment Research Group
The Investment Research Group is seeking bright, thoughtful and motivated professionals from all majors, experiences and backgrounds to join their team. The position is based in San Francisco and begins in early July 2018.
This is a 2-year entry level analyst position with the potential for top performing analysts to expand and extend their engagement for an additional 2-3 years in the associate position.
The analyst position offers an opportunity to build a base of knowledge of investment alternatives within and across asset classes and to begin to develop an ability to evaluate these alternatives.
This is an excellent opportunity to launch a career as part of a world class organization whose values of RESULTS, INTENSITY, TRANSPARENCY AND CREATIVITY speak to the culture of our diverse organization.
• Evaluate current investments and monitor existing investment managers including analyzing portfolio holdings,
maintaining performance data, conducting statistical analyses, and attending investment manager meetings
• Analyze the market environment within an asset class (e.g. stocks, bonds, private equity, real estate, energy, and
• Support senior members of the research team in performing due diligence on investment opportunities and fund
managers (including a review of historical performance, current and prior investments) to assess the durability of
an investment strategy
• Prepare thematic presentations on markets and investment opportunities for portfolio managers and the
investment research team
• Support portfolio management professionals by responding to requests for information and analysis on current
• A keen interest and curiosity in developing a working knowledge of financial markets and investment research
• A Bachelor’s degree with a GPA greater than 3.0
• 0-2 years of work experience
• Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong ability to multi-task and balance time-sensitive priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
• Excellent organization skills, demonstrating the ability to handle pressure and work in a fast-paced, deadline
driven environment with multiple supervisors
• The ability to work effectively in a collaborative and collegial team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to think and speak in an organized manner
• Consummate professional
• Intellectually curious and not afraid to ask questions
• Problem solver and analytical thinker
• Enjoys working in a team environment where accountability, collaboration, and flexibility is highly valued
• Self-motivated, highly organized and proactive in approaching work responsibilities
• Results driven with a particular focus on efficiency and crisp execution
• Ability to balance strong detail orientation while maintaining a “big picture” perspective
• Highly ethical and discreet; acts with integrity and consistently exercises good judgment
• Receptive to and quick to act on constructive feedback
• Energetic, creative, and positive
• Acts with integrity and respect
• This job requires employee to sit for approximately 6-7 hours a day and use a keyboard and mouse for repetitive motion. There will be a minimum of 15 lbs. to lift, push, or pull in this job.
Please submit full application materials (resume, cover letter, and most recent academic transcript).
Interview process: Selected applicants should expect two phone interviews. Finalists will be invited to interview in June in our San Francisco office. Finalists will have the opportunity to meet with several people within the Investment Research Group.
For more information, including application instructions, please visit Careers At Hall Capital Partners.
Hall Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff and will consider all qualified applicants with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance of San Francisco.