Hall Capital Partners is an independent, privately owned, SEC-registered investment advisor that builds and manages multi-asset class global investment portfolios for families, endowments, and foundations. As of March 31, 2018 we direct more than $33 billion of investment assets for our clients and a platform of pooled vehicles. Founded in 1994, our firm has approximately 160 employees that operate from offices in San Francisco and New York. We are typically responsible for investment strategy, asset allocation, and portfolio construction for globally diversified investment portfolios. The firm has a 24-year record of building and managing global investment portfolios and has established a strong reputation as a successful investor and partner. For many clients, we contribute significantly to other aspects of financial strategy, such as managing and diversifying concentrated public stock positions or advising on and facilitating wealth transfer and philanthropic strategies. We also manage private pooled vehicles. Our culture is centered on integrity, intellectual rigor, curiosity, client focus, performance, and fulfillment of our fiduciary responsibilities.
The Investment Research Group includes approximately 25 investment professionals, including the firm’s Co-Chief Investment Officers, who are organized primarily by investment strategies: public equity (long and long-short); absolute return/credit (absolute return/credit and distressed); private equity (buyout, growth, distressed, and venture capital); real assets (real estate, energy, timber); and cross asset research and strategy. Our investment philosophy and approach are rooted in the experience of investing across several economic and investment cycles and the knowledge that outstanding opportunities can be identified and exploited at all points in these cycles. Over its history, Hall Capital has fostered relationships within the investment management community and established the firm’s reputation as a high-quality fundamental investor and partner.
Hall Capital Partners is committed to attracting, retaining, engaging, and developing a pool of talent that is diverse along many dimensions. We seek to leverage these diverse experiences, backgrounds, and viewpoints to best serve the needs of our clients.
Analyst, Investment Research Group
The Investment Research Group is seeking bright, thoughtful and motivated professionals from all majors, experiences, and backgrounds to join their team. The position is based in San Francisco and begins in early July 2019.
This is a 2-year entry level analyst position with the potential for top performing analysts to expand and extend their engagement for an additional 2-3 years in the associate position.
The analyst position offers an opportunity to build a base of knowledge of investment alternatives within and across asset classes and to begin to develop an ability to evaluate these alternatives.
This is an excellent opportunity to launch a career as part of a world class organization whose values of RESULTS, INTENSITY, TRANSPARENCY AND CREATIVITY speak to the culture of our diverse organization.
• Evaluate current investments and monitor existing investment managers including analyzing portfolio holdings, maintaining performance data, conducting statistical analyses, and attending investment manager meetings
• Analyze the market environment within an asset class (e.g. stocks, bonds, private equity, real estate, energy, and alternatives/absolute return)
• Support senior members of the research team in performing due diligence on investment opportunities and fund managers (including a review of historical performance, current and prior investments) to assess the durability of an investment strategy
• Prepare thematic presentations on markets and investment opportunities for portfolio managers and the investment research team
• Support portfolio management professionals by responding to requests for information and analysis on current fund investments
• A keen interest and curiosity in developing a working knowledge of financial markets and investment research
• A Bachelor’s degree with a GPA greater than 3.0
• 0-2 years of work experience
• Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong ability to multi-task and balance time-sensitive priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent organization skills, demonstrating the ability to handle pressure and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with multiple supervisors
• The ability to work effectively in a collaborative and collegial team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to think and speak in an organized manner
• Consummate professional
• Intellectually curious and not afraid to ask questions
• Problem solver and analytical thinker
• Enjoys working in a team environment where accountability, collaboration, and flexibility is highly valued
• Self-motivated, highly organized and proactive in approaching work responsibilities
• Results driven with a particular focus on efficiency and crisp execution
• Ability to balance strong detail orientation while maintaining a “big picture” perspective
• Highly ethical and discreet; acts with integrity and consistently exercises good judgment
• Receptive to and quick to act on constructive feedback
• Energetic, creative, and positive
• Acts with integrity and respect
• This job may require employee to sit for approximately 6-7 hours a day and use a keyboard and mouse for repetitive motion. There will be up to15 lbs. to lift, push, or pull in this job.
Application deadline: The first application review may occur as early as September 14, 2018. The final deadline to apply is October 8, 2018, however candidates are encouraged to submit their full application materials as early as possible.
Interview process: We review applications on a rolling basis. Selected applicants should expect two phone interviews. First rounds will commence as early as the week of September 17, 2018. Finalists will be invited to interview in person on October 26, 2018 in our San Francisco office. Finalists will have the opportunity to meet with several people within the Investment Research Group.
Hall Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff and will consider all qualified applicants with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance of San Francisco.