Hall Capital Partners is an independent, privately owned, SEC-registered investment advisor that builds and manages multi-asset class global investment portfolios for families, endowments, and foundations. As of December 31, 2018 we direct approximately $32.4 billion of investment assets for our clients and a platform of pooled vehicles. Founded in 1994, our firm has approximately 170 employees that operate from offices in San Francisco and New York. We are typically responsible for investment strategy, asset allocation, and portfolio construction for globally diversified investment portfolios. The firm has a 24-year record of building and managing global investment portfolios and has established a strong reputation as a successful investor and partner. For many clients, we contribute significantly to other aspects of financial strategy, such as managing and diversifying concentrated public stock positions or advising on and facilitating wealth transfer and philanthropic strategies. We also manage private pooled vehicles. Our culture is centered on integrity, intellectual rigor, curiosity, client focus, performance, and fulfillment of our fiduciary responsibilities.
HALL CAPITAL PARTNERS IS COMMITTED TO ATTRACTING, RETAINING, ENGAGING, AND DEVELOPING A POOL OF TALENT THAT IS DIVERSE ALONG MANY DIMENSIONS. WE SEEK TO LEVERAGE THESE DIVERSE EXPERIENCES, BACKGROUNDS AND VIEWPOINTS TO BEST SERVE THE NEEDS OF OUR CLIENTS
Data Operations Specialist
The Data Operations group is seeking bright, motivated professionals to join our San Francisco team.
By serving as a key member of our middle office data operations, the Data Operations Specialist position offers an opportunity to develop experience, to varying degrees, in data administration/management, compliance and research operations, data aggregation and governance, and data analytics. You will gain exposure to private investment strategies, investment flows, and systems development in an intellectual, collegial environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to launch a career as part of a world-class organization whose values of results, intensity, transparency and creativity speak to the culture of our organization.
This is an entry-level position and is classified as non-exempt.
Data Administration & Management
• Ongoing, real-time tagging and classification of client and investment data across various databases and systems
• Maintain data policies and procedures, inventory, and infrastructure
• Interpret, analyze, and present data in a manner that enhances the internal/external client experience
• Optimize and centralize intake of large amounts of data with a focus on efficiency and scalability
• Efficiently validate and ensure data accuracy, integrity, and security
• Manage risk across responsibilities by closely adhering to firm and regulatory policy, procedures, and processes
• Participate in special projects both within the department as across Hall Capital as needed, which can include recruiting, research liaison, systems processes and automation
• A Bachelor’s degree with a GPA greater than 3.0
• 0-2 years of work experience
• A keen interest in data management, operations, and, technology
• Ability to tackle complex, multi-dimensional problems and come up with actionable solutions
• Basic knowledge of financial markets
• Balance of strong process orientation but is willing and capable of “thinking outside of the box” in identifying solutions
• Strong ability to multi-task and balance time-sensitive priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent organization skills, demonstrating the ability to handle pressure and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong customer/client service orientation
• Highly responsive to internal and external requests; always willing to “go the extra mile”
• The ability to work effectively in a collaborative and collegial team environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is required, advanced Excel skills preferred
• Knowledge of Advent/APX, MS Access, SQL and VBA is a plus but not required
• Ability to quickly adopt new technology platforms
• Self-motivated, highly organized and proactive in approaching work responsibilities
• Results driven with a particular focus on accuracy, efficiency, and crisp execution
• Consummate professional
• Intellectually curious and not afraid to ask questions
• Problem solver and analytical thinker
• Enjoys working in a team environment where accountability, collaboration, and flexibility is highly valued
• Ability to balance strong detail orientation while maintaining a “big picture” perspective
• Highly ethical and discreet; acts with integrity, respect and consistently exercises good judgment
• Receptive to and quick to act on constructive feedback
• Energetic, creative, and positive
• This job requires employee to sit for approximately 6-7 hours a day and use a keyboard and mouse for repetitive motion. There will be up to 15 lbs. to lift, push, or pull in this job.
Hall Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff and will consider all qualified applicants with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance of San Francisco.