Hall Capital Partners is an independent, privately owned, SEC-registered investment advisor that builds and manages multi-asset class global investment portfolios for families, endowments, and foundations. As of June 30, 2018 we direct approximately $32.6 billion of investment assets for our clients and a platform of pooled vehicles. Founded in 1994, our firm has approximately 160 employees that operate from offices in San Francisco and New York. We are typically responsible for investment strategy, asset allocation, and portfolio construction for globally diversified investment portfolios. The firm has a 24-year record of building and managing global investment portfolios and has established a strong reputation as a successful investor and partner. For many clients, we contribute significantly to other aspects of financial strategy, such as managing and diversifying concentrated public stock positions or advising on and facilitating wealth transfer and philanthropic strategies. We also manage private pooled vehicles. Our culture is centered on integrity, intellectual rigor, curiosity, client focus, performance, and fulfillment of our fiduciary responsibilities.
The Investment Research Group includes approximately 25 investment professionals, (including the firm’s Co-Chief Investment Officers) who are organized primarily by investment strategies: public equity (long and long-short); absolute return/credit (fixed income; absolute return/credit and distressed hedge funds); private equity (buyout, growth, distressed, and venture capital); real assets (real estate, energy, timber); and cross asset research and strategy. Our investment philosophy and approach are rooted in the experience of investing across several economic and investment cycles and the knowledge that outstanding opportunities can be identified and exploited at all points in these cycles. Over its history, Hall Capital has fostered relationships within the investment management community and established the firm’s reputation as a high-quality fundamental investor and partner.
Senior Associate, Investment Research
The Investment Research Group is seeking a bright, thoughtful investment professional to join its team in the role of Senior Associate. Senior Associates are integrally involved in sourcing, diligencing, selecting and monitoring investment managers. The Senior Associate gain exposure across all asset classes and have the opportunity to move among asset classes as their career progresses. This position offers an opportunity to develop investment expertise in an intellectually rigorous and collegial environment and is an excellent opportunity to advance a career in investing as part of a world class organization whose values of RESULTS, INTENSITY, TRANSPARENCY AND CREATIVITY speak to the culture of our organization.
• Research and analyze current and potential investments and market opportunities
• Build relationships with existing and potential investment managers
• Engage in and lead robust investment dialogue with investment managers and members of the research and portfolio management teams
• Conduct rigorous due diligence and ongoing monitoring of investment opportunities
• Write and present investment memos
• Attend conferences and annual meetings
• Support portfolio management professionals with investment decisions and asset allocation
• Experience in investment management, investment banking, private client services and/or other relevant operating or consulting experience
• Intellectually curious with a passion for investing
• Strong analytical, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to think critically and communicate in a concise, organized manner
• A team player who enjoys collaborating with others in the decision-making process
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with varied audiences
• High degree of comfort working in a flexible, entrepreneurial environment
• Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Intellectually curious
• Independent and team oriented
• Solutions oriented
• Results Driven
• Detail oriented
• Able to problem solve
• Energetic, creative, and positive
• Collaborative and flexible
• This job requires employee to sit for approximately 6-7 hours a day and use a keyboard and mouse for repetitive motion. There will be up to 15 lbs. to lift, push, or pull in this job.
Hall Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff and will consider all qualified applicants with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance of San Francisco.