Hall Capital Partners is an independent, privately owned, SEC-registered investment advisor that builds and manages multi-asset class global investment portfolios for families, endowments, and foundations. As of September 30, 2018 we direct approximately $33.3 billion of investment assets for our clients and a platform of pooled vehicles. Founded in 1994, our firm has approximately 170 employees that operate from offices in San Francisco and New York. We are typically responsible for investment strategy, asset allocation, and portfolio construction for globally diversified investment portfolios. The firm has a 24-year record of building and managing global investment portfolios and has established a strong reputation as a successful investor and partner. For many clients, we contribute significantly to other aspects of financial strategy, such as managing and diversifying concentrated public stock positions or advising on and facilitating wealth transfer and philanthropic strategies. We also manage private pooled vehicles. Our culture is centered on integrity, intellectual rigor, curiosity, client focus, performance, and fulfillment of our fiduciary responsibilities.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Operations Specialist
Hall Capital Partners LLC seeks a Sr. Operations Specialist to build out and implement systems and processes dedicated to centralized investment operations. The ideal candidate has experience with private funds, separately managed accounts, AML / KYC requirements, and cash movements. The role requires strong attention to detail and a high degree of operational and process acumen.
The position is located in New York and reports to the VP of Investment Operations.
• Build and maintain relationships with key fund administrators, banks, and custodians
• Work within a team of people responsible for the completion of private fund subscription documents and new account opening paperwork on behalf of clients
• Coordinate between Investment Operations, external investment managers, legal counsel, client teams, and clients to ensure the accurate and timely completion of documents
• Implement the timely and accurate processing of investment operations (i.e. transaction processing, investment funding, cash transfers, wire set-up, standing letters of authorization, etc.) in accordance with guidelines and regulatory requirements
• Complete fund subscription documents on behalf of clients
• Complete custodian new account opening form for clients
• Coordinate the collection of AML/KYC documents for client investment in funds
• Process development and innovation – develop, refine, and implement processes with a focus on improving efficiency and leveraging technology tools and automation
• Special projects as requested
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in the areas of investment operations, fund administration, data governance, and/or investment management, or a combination of education and relevant work experience. The candidate should also demonstrate excellent attention to detail, strong quantitative skills, and leadership capabilities.
Hall Capital Partners is looking for someone with:
• 3-7 years of financial services experience required with knowledge of private fund operations
• Bachelor degree preferred
• Familiarity with private fund subscription documents as well as custodian account opening documents
• Strong computer aptitude and proficiency, including advanced Excel skills. Proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications is a must
• Paralegal and/or project management certification a plus
• Strong communication skills with ability to present analysis and findings in both oral and written formats
• Experience in collaborating across departments and varied interests
• Demonstrated team commitment and strong work ethic
• Results-driven. Be accountable for all tasks and possess follow-through and the ability to complete assigned tasks autonomously
• Ability to work under the pressure of a deadline-driven environment
• Excellent attention to detail; take strong ownership over the accuracy of every deliverable
• Respectful and professional
• Intellectually curious; able to problem solve
• Independent and team-oriented. Works independently but functions effectively as part of the team
• Quick self-starter who can work with different personalities and professional styles
• Collaborative and flexible
• Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to client confidentiality and client satisfaction
• Proactive team player with a positive, can-do attitude
• Reliable and prompt attendance on a daily basis
• This job requires employee to sit for approximately 6-7 hours a day and use a keyboard and mouse for repetitive motion. There will be up to 15 lbs. to lift, push, or pull in this job.
Hall Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff and will consider all qualified applicants with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance of San Francisco.