Hall Capital Partners is an independent, privately owned, SEC-registered investment advisor that builds and manages multi-asset class global investment portfolios for families, endowments, and foundations. As of September 30, 2017 we direct more than $30 billion of investment assets for our clients and a platform of pooled vehicles. Founded in 1994, our firm has approximately 150 employees that operate from offices in San Francisco and New York. We are typically responsible for investment strategy, asset allocation, and portfolio construction for globally diversified investment portfolios. The firm has a 20-year record of building and managing global investment portfolios and has established a strong reputation as a successful investor and partner. For many clients, we contribute significantly to other aspects of financial strategy, such as managing and diversifying concentrated public stock positions or advising on and facilitating wealth transfer and philanthropic strategies. We also manage private pooled vehicles. Our culture is centered on integrity, intellectual rigor, curiosity, client focus, performance, and fulfillment of our fiduciary responsibilities.
HALL CAPITAL PARTNERS IS COMMITTED TO ATTRACTING, RETAINING, ENGAGING, AND DEVELOPING A POOL OF TALENT THAT IS DIVERSE ALONG MANY DIMENSIONS. WE SEEK TO LEVERAGE THESE DIVERSE EXPERIENCES, BACKGROUNDS AND VIEWPOINTS TO BEST SERVE THE NEEDS OF OUR CLIENTS
Analyst, Business Development and Investor Relations Group
The Business Development Group and Investor Relations Group is seeking a bright and motivated professional to join the team starting in July 2018 in the San Francisco office.
This is a 2-year entry-level Analyst position with the potential for a top performing Analyst to expand and extend their engagement in an Associate position.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class organization whose values of RESULTS, INTENSITY, TRANSPARENCY, and CREATIVITY speak to the culture of our organization.
This is an entry-level Analyst position and will be responsible for supporting the firm’s business development, investor relations and marketing efforts. S/he should have a strong interest in marketing and client services, in addition to having an interest in learning and understanding the firm’s investment management practice.
• Work on materials for prospective clients, including RFPs and other custom data requests.
• In coordination with the team’s Associate, update and maintain all monthly and quarterly investor relations and marketing documents for the firm.
• In concert with the firm’s Fund Administration Group, Research team, Portfolio Management Group, and Legal Group, assist in the facilitation of the Pooled Vehicles fund-of-funds quarterly closes and marketing updates
• Assist as needed with the firm’s investor contact database and assist with updating and distributing as needed various investor publications (performance statement, quarterly letters, quarterly presentation, etc.).
• Update and maintain various registered investment advisor and consultant databases monthly or quarterly.
• Update and manage the firm’s client relationship management database.
• A Bachelor’s degree
• Strong organizational skills including
o ability to multitask, prioritize, think critically, and provide creative solutions for your
tasks and responsibilities
o being highly detail-oriented
• Experience with:
o appropriately handling confidential matters
o planning ahead and anticipating the unexpected
o handling pressure and work in a deadline-driven environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills, integrating tact, maturity, and good judgment
• Experience and comfort interfacing with senior members of firm
• Strong written, communication and analytic skills
• Desire to work in, and contribute to, a collegial team atmosphere
• Must be able to work independently, but also work well within a team structure
• Must have excellent formatting and presentation computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and demonstrates creative thinking when using these programs
• Comfortable learning and using new software applications that the firm may use in coordination with the position’s roles and responsibilities
• Effective communication
• Has conviction
• Is creative/curious
• Acts with integrity
• Displays intellectual rigor
• Show initiative
• Has good judgment
• Is a leader
• Has patience
• Is resilient
• Is respectful
• Is results-driven
• Acts as a team member
• This job requires employee to sit for approximately 6-7 hours a day and use a keyboard and mouse for repetitive motion. There will be >15 lbs. to lift, push, or pull in this job.
Hall Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff and will consider all qualified applicants with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance of San Francisco.
Hall Capital Partners is an independent, privately owned SEC-registered investment advisor that builds and manages multi-asset class global investment portfolios for families, endowments, and foundations. As of March 31, 2017 we direct more than $30.2 billion of investment assets for our clients and a platform of pooled vehicle investors. Founded in 1994, our firm has approximately 150 employees that operate from offices in San Francisco and New York. We are typically responsible for investment strategy, asset allocation, and portfolio construction for globally diversified investment portfolios. The firm has a 20-year record of building and managing global investment portfolios and has established a strong reputation as a successful investor and partner. For many clients, we contribute significantly to other aspects of financial strategy, such as managing and diversifying concentrated public stock positions or advising on and facilitating wealth transfer and philanthropic strategies. We also manage private pooled vehicles. Our culture is centered on integrity, intellectual rigor, curiosity, client focus, performance, and fulfillment of our fiduciary responsibilities.
Hall Capital Partners is committed to attracting, retaining, engaging, and developing a pool of talent that is diverse along many dimensions. We seek to leverage these diverse experiences, backgrounds and viewpoints to best serve the needs of our clients
Senior Associate, Portfolio Management Group
The Portfolio Management Group is seeking bright, thoughtful investment professionals to join its team in the Senior Associate role. The Senior Associate position is available in our San Francisco. The Senior Associate is an integral part of the portfolio management team led by a Managing Director to work closely with clients to develop and implement their customized investment approach. This position offers an opportunity to develop investment expertise, interact with clients and apply best investment practices in an intellectual, collegial environment. The expectation is that those who excel in this role may have the opportunity to continue to take on greater responsibilities and over time will assume lead portfolio management responsibilities with clients.
This is an excellent opportunity to advance a career in portfolio management as part of a world class organization whose values of RESULTS, INTENSITY, TRANSPARENCY AND CREATIVITY speak to the culture of our organization.
• Serve as integral member of the portfolio management team responsible for all aspects of client relationship management and investment advisement.
• Develop a clear understanding of client’s existing assets, liabilities, planning structures, and cash flow requirements.
• In conjunction with the senior portfolio manager, develop ongoing investment strategy including objectives and guidelines, and asset allocation for each client entity.
• Manage people, processes, and projects in conjunction with other members of the portfolio management team.
• Continuously evaluate managers and investments for appropriate inclusion in a portfolio; recommend additions or changes when appropriate.
• Evaluate and provide recommendations regarding potential investments identified by Hall Capital Partner’s Research Group and occasionally sources other than Hall Capital Partners including client-directed opportunities.
• Monitor asset allocation with appropriate asset class and manager rebalancing recommendations, while addressing tactical investment opportunities.
• Review and ensure accuracy and completeness of all client reporting material with formal reports delivered on a quarterly basis.
• Respond to a wide variety of client requests encompassing investment-related issues, wealth transfer planning, tax, estate and legal structural issues, and philanthropic planning.
• Develop presentations to facilitate investment dialogue with clients.
• Serve as a client advocate and key point of client contact, proactively developing solutions to an evolving set of needs.
• Serve as a resource for senior members of portfolio management team for ad-hoc projects.
• An MBA, CFA or equivalent background
• 3-5 years’ experience in finance (i.e. investment management, investment banking, capital markets), and/or relevant operating or legal experience
• 2-3 years of experience managing people, processes, and projects
• Strong degree of familiarity with capital markets, investing and/or asset allocation principles
• Strong analytical, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to think critically and communicate in a concise, organized manner
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with varied audiences
• High degree of comfort working in a flexible, entrepreneurial environment
• Intellectually curious
• Independent and team oriented
• Solutions oriented
• Results Driven
• Detail oriented
• Able to problem solve
• Energetic, creative, and positive
• Collaborative and flexible