ROLE:Senior Associate, Investment Research
LOCATION: San Francisco
REPORTING TO: Managing Director, Private Equity
Hall Capital Partners is an independent, privately owned investment advisor and Outsourced Chief Investment Office that builds and manages multi-asset class global investment portfolios for families, endowments, and foundations. Our clients have made extraordinary contributions to business, philanthropy, government, academia, and society, and our investment activities enable our clients to continue these contributions. As of December 31, 2020, we direct more than $42.7 billion of investment assets for our clients and a platform of pooled vehicle investors. Founded in 1994, our approximately 220 employees operate from offices in San Francisco and New York.
The firm’s Investment Research Group includes approximately 25 investment professionals (including the firm’s Co-Chief Investment Officers), who are organized primarily by investment strategies: public equity (long and long-short), absolute return/credit (fixed income, absolute return/credit and distressed hedge funds), private equity (buyout, growth, and venture capital), real assets (real estate, energy, timber), and cross asset research and strategy.
The private equity team is seeking a bright, thoughtful investment professional to join its team in the Senior Associate role for our San Francisco office. Senior Associates are integrally involved in sourcing, diligencing, selecting and monitoring investment managers. Given the industry-wide underinvestment in investment strategies owned or led by women and people of color, combined with the research on the outperformance of diverse teams, our private equity team is committed to sourcing and conducting due diligence on underrepresented fund managers as well as identifying best-in-class new and emerging investment managers for our portfolios. The position offers an opportunity to develop investment expertise in an intellectual, collegial environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to advance a career in portfolio management as part of a world class organization whose values of Leadership, Innovation, Collaboration and Excellence speak to the culture of our organization.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
Serve as integral member of the private equity research team responsible for all aspects of diligence and investment monitoring within buyout, growth, and venture capital strategies
- Research and analyze current and potential investments and market opportunities
- Build relationships with existing and potential new or emerging investment managers
- Engage in and lead robust investment dialogue with investment managers and members of the research and portfolio management teams
- Conduct rigorous due diligence and ongoing monitoring of investment opportunities
- Write and present investment memos
- Attend conferences and annual meetings
- Support portfolio management professionals with investment decisions and asset allocation
YOU ARE A GREAT FIT IF YOU:
You do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Hall Capital believes that our organization and culture are made stronger through diverse perspectives and experiences.
- An MBA, CFA or equivalent background preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in finance (i.e. investment management, investment banking, capital markets), and/or relevant operating or legal experience
- 2-3 years of experience managing people, processes, and projects
- Strong degree of familiarity with capital markets, investing and/or asset allocation principles
- Strong analytical, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to think critically and communicate in a concise, organized manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with varied audiences
- High degree of comfort working in a flexible, entrepreneurial environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Hybrid flexible working model
- Generous benefits package, including employer-paid health coverage options, a 401(k) plan with employer match, and pre-tax benefits for transit, health, and dependent care
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off
- Annual wellness benefit that covers a broad range of activities including physical, emotional, family, intellectual, and financial expenses.
- Professional development funding and training sessions
- Social events plus volunteer and philanthropic opportunities
- A collaborative, inclusive culture that is committed to attracting, retaining, engaging, and developing a pool of talent that is diverse along many dimensions (read more here.)
COVID-19 Protocols: All personnel are required as a term and condition of employment to complete primary vaccination with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19. We will provide reasonable accommodations to personnel if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them, if medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination, or if they are entitled to an accommodation under federal civil rights laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
MORE ABOUT US:
Hall Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We continually seek to diversify our staff and will consider all qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance of San Francisco and the Fair Chance Act of New York City. Learn more about our work here.